Unveiling the Voice – Part 2: Workshop
Saturday, May 21st 2-5pm
Intro: Friday, May 20, 7 – 9pm $30, Workshop: Saturday, May 21, 2 – 5pm $60
Attend one or both sessions. All are welcome. Previous experience not required.
Sound plays a vital role in all mystical traditions, as it is the bridge between the lower and higher worlds, the unconscious and conscious, the form and the formless. Nada Yoga or the Yoga of Sound is an ancient mystical tradition using voice, breath and movement as a way of healing, empowerment and Self-realization. It is at the core of Dhrupad, the most ancient form of Indian Classical Music.
In this introduction we’ll explore how sound yoga facilitates-
• the release of trauma and the clearing of emotions.
• the alignment of body, speech and mind.
• the development of intuition & creativity.
• body movements and vocal techniques to free your authentic voice.
• practices that purify and magnetize the physical and subtle energy bodies.
• specific musical modes to balance the emotional body.
• chants to access the sacred within.
Led by Shanti Shivani, she is one of the few Western pioneers bringing the sacred traditions of Nada Yoga and Dhrupad, the most ancient style of Hindustani classical music, to the West. She brings a wealth of vocal, meditative, movement and experience to her classes and performances. Her full bio can be found here: http://www.shantishivani.com/shanti.html